Nominate your favorite Correctional Officer!
ServiceWear Apparel announces the 2015 Service Spotlight Correctional Officer of the Year Award. The Service Spotlight Awards were established to shine a light on those unsung heroes serving our communities that often go unnoticed. Today we seek to honor a correctional officer who goes above and beyond in service to his or her correctional facility and community.
Nominations can be submitted now through July 3, 2015 at servicewearapparel.com/correctional-officer/.
The winning officer will receive a $1,000 grand prize and $1,000 worth of uniforms for his or her correctional facility. The nominator with the winning submission will also receive a free Red Kap® Soft Shell Jacket.
ServiceWear Apparel will select a group of finalists based on criteria outlined in the contest guidelines. Then online voting will open from July 13 to July 24. The winner will be announced shortly after voting ends.
Correctional Officer Recognition
“Correctional officers serve an often unappreciated but essential role in keeping our nation safe and our justice system operational,” said Jim Burnett, executive vice president of ServiceWear Apparel. “These officers protect the public while ensuring individuals safely pay their debt to society according to the terms decided upon by an impartial jury. We are thankful for these officers and want to recognize their efforts and share their stories of service.”
For more information on the 2015 Correctional Officer of the Year Award, visit www.servicewearapparel.com/correctional-officer/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominate your favorite Park Ranger for the 2014 Park Ranger of the Year!
ServiceWear Apparel announces the 2014 Park Ranger of the Year Award, created to honor a park ranger who goes above and beyond in service to his or her state park and community.
Nominations can be submitted now through August 29, 2014 at www.servicewearapparel.com/ranger.
The winning park ranger will receive a $1,000 grand prize and $1,000 worth of uniforms for his or her state park. The nominator with the winning submission will also receive a free Red Kap® Soft Shell Jacket.
ServiceWear Apparel will select a group of finalists based on criteria outlined in the contest guidelines. Then online voting will open from September 8 to September 19. The winner will be announced September 30.
Park Ranger Recognition
“Park rangers serve a crucial role to preserve the beauty and history of our nation’s state parks,” said Jim Burnett, executive vice president of ServiceWear Apparel, “as well as protect, educate and provide opportunities for excellent park experiences. We are excited to recognize their efforts and discover their stories of service to their communities.”
For more information on the 2014 Park Ranger of the Year Award, visit www.servicewearapparel.com/ranger/ or contact email@example.com.
Two law enforcement departments wearing Horace Small brand uniforms received awards at the 2013 North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors conference.
Florida Highway Patrol received the best-dressed award for a department with under 2,000 officers.
Hillsborough County Sheriff received the best-dressed award for departments with over 200 officers.
“Horace Small is excited to be able to work with such exemplary departments like Florida Highway Patrol and Hillsborough County Sheriff,” said Neal Waters, Vice President of Managed Programs and Public Safety. “Both departments are top notch and are leaders in the state of Florida. We are proud to be able to design their uniforms.”
“Horace Small’s long standing reputation of quality uniforms and excellence in service is reflected in these department’s accomplishments,” said Jim Tewmey, V.P., Sales of VF Imagewear.
At first glance, you may not be able to tell a difference at all between tactical pants and EMS pants.
They seem alike in all regards: numerous pockets, identical fabrics, similar color options and fits.
So what’s the difference between tactical pants and EMS pants?
EMS pants have one additional scissor pocket for medics.
Now you know.
Which type of tactical pants do you prefer?
EMS pros, do you need that extra pocket?
Tell us in the comments.
When it comes to tactical pants, Tru-Spec is known for it’s superior quality and fit.
The Tru-Spec 24-7 Series Tactical Pant fills the gap between military-grade tactical uniforms and the common cargo pant.
It has a variety of features that make it ideal for a number of government agencies, including everything from police and law enforcement to fire and EMS/rescue. Some of those features include:
- Pockets – 14 pockets, including thigh cargo pockets that expand farther, 2 internal pockets, 2 knife pockets, extra-deep front pockets, and many more
- Design – Symmetrical design offers improved functionality whether the wearer is right- or left-handed
- Fit – Roomier fit with no pleats adds comfort
- Knees – Built-in knee pads and reinforced knee
- Styles – Additional styles available, including ladies, zip-off and classic.
- Colors – Offered in a variety of colors, including khaki, black, navy, olive drab, coyote, brown and stone
- Women’s – Women’s style and a wide range of sizes available
- Construction – Strong construction due to 8.5-ounce, 100% cotton canvas fabric and basket weave construction
- Fabric – Breathable fabric that is pretreated to prevent fading and shrinking
- Waistband – Elastic slider waistband can add up to 2 inches per side
Have you worn the Tru-Spec 24-7 Series tactical pant? What did you think? Tell us in the comments.
Ready to Learn More?
Our Account Managers can send samples and help you select the tactical pants that are right for your agency. Click here to get started.
Tru-Spec has partnered with POLICE magazine and is giving away over $1,000 in Tru-Spec products to one lucky law enforcement officer.
The winner will receive:
- 5 pairs of pants
- 5 shirts
- 5 baselayer t-shirts
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 1 tactical vest
- 1 backpack
- 1 All-Season Parka
- 1 cap
- 1 M1 Tactical Folder Knife
Entries are being accepted through April 30, 2013. Only sworn law enforcement officers who are residents in the U.S. and U.S. territories are eligible.
Go to www.PoliceMag.com/TRU-SPEC now to get the full details and enter!
More About Tru-Spec
Tru-Spec uniforms, and the new 24-7 Series® line of apparel, is a direct result of listening to the consumer and delivering quality apparel that is versatile, rugged and comfortable, while still having all the features to get the job done.
In a recent survey of more than 500 active police officers, respondents were asked to compare several major brands of tactical pants. Tru-Spec 24-7 Series pants were the overwhelming favorite in virtually all categories.
To learn more about outfitting your department in Tru-Spec, complete our online form.
Fabric selection is one of the most important factors when choosing a uniform for your law enforcement or police department. The fabric affects everything from comfort and mobility to durability and performance.
An uncomfortable or ill-fitting uniform can distract the officer and inhibit performance, and an insubstantial uniform can be unsafe and more costly to replace over time.
Below are several items to consider when selecting a fabric for your law enforcement or police uniforms.
- Consider the duties that will be performed in the uniform and external factors such as the climate of your region. Fabric should be sturdy enough to provide adequate protection and durability, but lightweight enough to be comfortable and easy to wear.
- The fabric of a uniform may determine if uniforms can be washed at home, or if they will require dry cleaning.
- A soil release treatment will allow dirt and stains to be removed more easily during laundering.
- Consider the color retention of the fabric, to see how it will stand up against frequent washing.
- Wrinkle resistant fabric, or a “durable press,” enhances appearance with less effort, as it requires little or no pressing or ironing.
- A water-repellent finish causes liquids to bead up and roll off, keeping officers looking professional at all times.
- Wickable fabric draws perspiration away from skin and spreads it over the fabric face where it quickly evaporates, so officers stay cool, dry and comfortable.
- Breathable fabric allows cool air to move toward the body, while warm air passes away from the body.
Police and law enforcement uniforms must meet high standards for quality and functionality, while projecting an image of professionalism. Consider all aspects of a fabric to ensure your uniforms are comfortable and durable.
Our Account Management Team can help you select the right fabric for your law enforcement uniforms. Click here to get started and learn more.
ServiceWear Apparel offers a broad range of uniforms from top brands. Click here to see what we offer for police and law enforcement departments.